Sunday, February 26, 2012

Colors In Your Hair: A Little Hair Chalking Tutorial



I know I used to do something similar with my dolls hair when I was younger with permanent marker...yikes!
This is much more fun and it washes out in 2-3 shampoos
I've found that it doesn't really matter which pastels you use. 
I bought the most expensive small set and the least expensive small set to compare and it works exactly the same for me.
My best friend Roz, who an amazing hair stylist, helped me along the way!

You will need:
Soft Chalk Pastels
Hair Spray
Any wet hair product(smoothing cream, volumizer etc) 
Water
Towel
Curling Iron, Flat Iron (Optional)

Here we go!:
-Put your towel over your shoulders.  This is a not a super messy project but you don't want to color anything that doesn't need coloring!
-Wet your hair and apply a small amount of product into your hair. I've tried it without product, and with and found that putting the product in your hair with the water helps it adhere to the hair better and last longer.
-One the strand of hair is wet, hold at the tip and twist until the whole piece is twisted.  Then run the chalk directly up and down your hair in one direction.  The twist helps break up the chalk so it sticks to your hair.

*a fun to do is multiple colors on one strand. 

Like this: purple and pink!

-once you have added the chalking to your hair, untwist it, blow dry it, the comb the excess chalk out and spray a little bit of hair spray so that it is sealed.
We even tried a bit on Rozs dark hair and it did work, just not as bright as with light hair.


I would love to hear in comments etc how it worked for you or if you do anything different!
Happy Chalking!

<3 Margaret at MGC

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...